Explore Clinton County’s Wealth of Heritage during the 13th Annual Adirondack Coast Museum Days Weekend10 am to 4 pm, Saturday, June 18 and Sunday, June 19 — Free Admission
The Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance (ACCA) hosts the 13th Annual Museum Days Weekend throughout Clinton County June 18-19, 2022, inviting visitors and residents to explore the area’s wealth of museums, galleries, and cultural organizations. For two days (with a couple of exceptions as noted), from 10 am to 4 pm, participating locations will offer free admission, including demonstrations, tours, exhibits, hands-on activities, and more. This year’s event coincides with the first of two New York State “Path Through History” Weekends in 2022. The full Museum Days Weekend schedule will be published in the Plattsburgh Press Republican and on the Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance web site and Facebook page.
Participating museums are:
- Alice T, Miner Museum, Chazy, NY
- Anderson Falls Heritage Society Museum, Keeseville, NY
- Babbie Rural and Farm Learning Museum, Peru, NY (Saturday only)
- Clinton County Historical Association Museum, Plattsburgh, NY*
- Dannemora Village Museum, Dannemora, NY
- Heart’s Delight Farm Heritage Center, Chazy, NY
- Kent-Delord House Museum, Plattsburgh, NY
- Lyon Mountain Mining and Railroad Museum, Lyon Mountain, NY
- Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society, Dannemora, NY
- North Star Underground Railroad Museum, Au Sable Chasm, NY
- Plattsburgh Air Force Base Museum, Plattsburgh, NY*
- Plattsburgh Memorial Chapel, Plattsburgh, NY*
- Plattsburgh State Art Museum, SUNY Plattsburgh, NY (noon- 4 p.m. both days)
- Rouses Point History Welcome Center, Rouses Point, NY
- The Strand Center, Plattsburgh, NY (Saturday only 10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- War of 1812 Museum, Plattsburgh, NY (Located on the Old Base Museum Campus (Former Plattsburgh Air Force Base)
2022 Adirondack Coast Arts & History Passport available for Museum Days.
The Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance and the Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau redesigned and updated the Adirondack Coast Arts & History Passport. The 2022 bilingual passport guides visitors to the sixteen museums and cultural sites located throughout the Adirondack Coast. The passport can be picked up at any location participating in Museum Days Weekend, as well as the North Country Chamber of Commerce.
Special thanks to Press-Republican and Adirondack Coast Visitor’s Bureau.
About the Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance
The Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance, a not for profit, volunteer-based association, is dedicated to serving the cultural, artistic, historical and museum communities of the Adirondack Coast of New York through collaboration, communication, networking, professional development, and advocacy in order to promote the area as a vibrant and attractive cultural destination. The Alliance was created just prior to the 1st Annual Museum Days Weekend in 2008 with the support of the United Way, the Northern New York Chamber of Commerce and the Plattsburgh Press Republican.
About the Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau
The Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau, a division of the North Country Chamber of Commerce, was established in 1994 as the official tourism promotion agency for the travel and tourism industry in Clinton County, NY. Based in Plattsburgh, NY, the Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau contributes to the county’s economic development and quality of life by promoting the region as a destination for leisure and group travel with a particular focus on history, agriculture and outdoor recreation including cycling, paddling, fishing, boating and skiing. For more information about Clinton County tourism, please contact the Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau at 518/563-1000, visit goadirondack.com or log onto Facebook.com/AdkCoast.
For More Information Contact: